Monday, March 2, 2009

Car wreck , BofA sucks

Last Wednesday on the way back from my dentist's office, I got in a nasty car wreck. I was making a left turn and a car driving north (oncoming traffic) hit me right between the passenger door and the rear wheel. Really sucks, did not see the person coming at all. There was a car up ahead making a left turn as well and was blocking my sight of the oncoming car. Even worse, I found out my insurance had been canceled, due to a suspended license, which I found out was due to an outstanding speeding ticket I had gotten in early 2007. I paid the ticket, had it cleared, and paid the reinstatement fee to Arkansas for a suspended driver's license. I also made an agreement with the lady who hit me to pay her in cash for her damages. Her damages were about $2k. I don't know how much mine are yet, I paid a friend $350 to fix my dent and fill/sand/repaint the area. It looks like a $350 job, but looks way better than it did with a dent. Sigh. I think I have a bent rear axle that is going to be a pain in the arse to have fixed.

I was in the process of moving my banking needs to a different bank, and began ramping down my use of my BofA checking account. Bank of America had kept a charge from posting for a while (who knows why) and so after I had my "check book" balanced, BofA proceeded to charge an account fee for not having any direct deposits which caused my account to go negative, then they charged a $35 overdraft fee for the $7 charge which posted 2 weeks late. Today I went in and closed my BofA Checking and Savings accounts in California. Good riddance. I also reported my Debit card for my BofA Kansas Checking account stolen so 24 hour fitness would stop charging me a monthly fee. They wouldn't let me cancel it at one of their gyms, and I kept getting the runaround when trying to cancel over the phone.

No comments: